Tuesday, September 20, 2005

The beautiful inequality

In life you cannot have a balance, says Sayesha. People who you have feelings for may not feel as much for you. I cannot agree more. There is no guarantee that can ensure you are loved, cared, missed as much as you love, care & miss. In fact in all my relationships, I have been that person who does not love you as much as you love him. But I know it could be painful for the people on the other side – people who love but are not loved. So is there a solution? Is there a way in which we can make people like me more caring?

I would say that the relations that we give name to in life like brother, sister, cousin, uncle, aunt, husband, wife & nowadays girlfriend, boyfriend are an attempt by society to balance the equation. This way you are bound by society's law to have feelings for the relation as being related over a period of time will lead to some feelings automatically. But these artificial interferences will only help to some extent. No one can force anyone to have feelings. But it is like a compromise than to keep on searching for that perfect match. That search with such a high goal can be frustrating.

Personally I would not like to bind anyone in a relationship with me if that person does not feel for me. I am willing to leave people whom I love for people who love me any day. Why? Well, that is how I am. I do not want people I love to suffer.

The perfect match will be that both of us have equal feelings for each other. I know that is not possible. And somehow, I get the feeling that I don’t want that perfect match. I do not like the idea of judging the level of love we we give and recieve & compare them. This is not a business transaction or a give & take thing. This is life. I think what I will like is that we care for each other. That is enough.

Life is not perfect. Imperfect is beautiful.

8 comments:

Sayesha said...

Nice post :)

ps: Ravi, enable word verification yaar. Get rid of the spammers! :@

Ravi said...

#Sayesha
Thanks.
Well at last I've enabled word verification with heavy heart of course. And come to think of it, with this comment I will be the first to be subjected to the word verification in my own blog. What an irony!

Sayesha said...

Hota hai hota hai :)

Sayesha said...

Ek hafte se bahut chup ho Ravi?

Ravi said...

#Sayesha
Sorry yaar. Naya post kar diya hai. Agla post jaldi karne ki koshish karunga.

MeAwinner said...

I read ur Blog.. Ravi ! This is nice one.

I liked ur way of freeing people you love , for the people who wud love u .
Good !
Maneesha

Ravi said...

Thanks Maneesha.
This is natural to me. I'll not fell like I'm sacrificing when I do this.

Ravi said...

#moRon
It is not about sacrificing at all. It is what I do to feel good inside. I'm sure you'll understand. :)

And I am sure going to write more. But I'm not sure of the frequency.