Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Practicality

I am at that stage of my life where I am finally giving up on idealism. Yes, those same ideals that were so clear in my mind as a kid like “Don’t lie” “Don’t cheat” “Don’t bribe” “Don’t copy”.

I admit that at many moments I have resorted to breaking these same ideals. But at all those times I felt really guilty & resolved never to break them again. However stories like this that happen so regularly, have been regular hits to the well defined ideals. So now these ideals have become weak & may soon succumb to more practical & selfish concerns.

Probably from now on I will break all those ideals with impunity, without guilt, & with a sense of satisfaction that I have been able to become one up on all those sincere fools. My only concern will be not to get caught. Yes why not? Why do we stay in an illusion that people are there out to help each other? This is a competitive world. Why should I care for anyone? I have my own selfish concerns. At least I will be following a cause I believe in. At least I will not be having unpractical ideals which I break from time to time to suit the situation. Who knows? Maybe that is the right approach to take.

And I cannot continue because I feel sick right now.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Idealism is the very thing which has thrown you into chaos and confusion, whatever said and done you can never change your values and beleifs in one go , after all they have taken 24 years to grow..so my friend learn to deal with the world with the resources you have..

Jammy said...

http://ramanuj.blogspot.com/2005/11/revisiting-honesty.html

Ravi said...

#necromancer
I agree idealism has thrown me into chaos. But I am sort of confused with your last statement -"learn to deal with the world with the resources you have". I suspect you are asking me to become completely practical, but I am not completely convinced that I've got it right.

#jammy
Read it. I understand why you feel its inappropriate for me to feel this way. But trust me, this is not something I control. The feelings overflow automatically.

Ravi said...

#rinku
What we can do about the sacrifice is something different than what I felt about it. But you are right. I am already starting to feel better.

#chints
At the time when I wrote the post, my "subconscious mind" had become too weak. But it seems I have got it back in its full power. :) Time is a great healer. And so were all these comments. Thanks all.

#Necromancer
I know I am being a fool by resolving once again to follow my ideals. But I am a happy fool.

Ravi said...

#chints
sir jee aap nahi hote to mera kya hota? :)

Dinesh Babuji said...

Very justifiable spur of the moment thought.

Sayesha said...

Gosh... I dunno what to say...

Ravi said...

#chints
:)

#dinesh
Spur of the moment - yes that was what it exactly was. But its good I got it out of my system.

#sayesha
hehehe... sometimes saying nothing is better.