Monday, January 02, 2006

A New Year - Some New Hope

The first post of the Year!

I wish myself and anybody reading this an eventful year ahead. Its time to reboot & start with new energy. This is more important to me as in the end of last year I had some misfortunes.

Avoid the rest of the post if you do not want any of my gloominess to rub off on you.

I lost my mobile phone. It was mostly my fault. In a drowsy mood, with lots of thoughts in my mind I easily forgot to take the mobile phone with me when I was alighting a bus. Now somebody else will be enjoying it. 10,000 down the drain. As I am thinking about this, I realise that it is not the money that I lost. The money I lost was anyway gone the day I bought the phone. It was the experience of owning, enjoying its MP3 player, camera and other features that I lost. I’ve spent 5,000 more and bought another phone. Now this one has brought in its own set of experiences. Lets see which experience turns out to be better.

I was down with throat infection from last Sunday. The symptoms are that your throat seems to become very constricted; you get fever & body pains. These are annoying but what is most annoying is the huge amount of phlegm after the infection. My nose, my throat & my lungs are filled with this thick, sticky unnecessary residue which reduces only with time. All I can do about it is clear my nose every hour or so. I still am recovering & hope this thing gets over fast. This bad health also made sure I did not celebrate the New Year as planned. No party, no excessive drinking, no dancing. Just a quite night with some friends & I was home before midnight, watching TV reports of celebrations around India & desperately trying to call up home at a time when networks are invariably busy.

But the New Year should (& I hope I have the conviction to make it) bring better fortune. Let me see what new things I try out from now.

11 comments:

Dinesh Babuji said...

Have a very Happy New year mate and may all ur wishes come true.

Ravi said...

#chints
Dhanyavaad. Aapka Naya saal Mangalmay ho. Aapki sabhi duvvidhaye samapt ho jaye.

#dinesh
Mate, Aapke muh me ghee shakkar (tough to translate but broadly means "may you be showered with sweet tasting experiences")

#rinku ji
arey dard hota hai. itni zor se same pinch mat karo naa.

Aur aapko hazaron "Thank You". Ab to main theek ho hi jaaoonga.

MeAwinner said...

heY raVI !
eVEN i Had Throat infection right before..New Year so i didnt go anywhere was just at home,surfing net ..I hope u r getting better now,,
Happy New Year !
mani

Ravi said...

#meawinner
Oh I share your pain. I hope you also have recovered by now.

MeAwinner said...

Thx for sharing my pain,its good that u dont do that now :))
I am better now but not fully recovered as here in Tokyo temp is very low nowadays..
Cheers !
Meawinner :)

Kathy said...

It's ok ravi..you can still celebrate new year anytime^_^(just to make you smile)
Hope ur feelin' ok now..get well soon yaar.Oops got here from chints blog...kathy here^_~ hi...

Happy new year..

Ravi said...

#meawinner
Yaah it must really cold there I guess. Winter is already receding here in Mumbai.

#lil_kath
Thanks... :)
And welcome.
Happy New year to you too.

kannan udayarajan said...

belated new year wishes... have agreat time ahead...

:)
cheers

Shilpi said...

Hi....happy new year
I expect you to update your blog sooner in this new year
(unlike me :-)

Sorry about ur cellphone - thats why i always buy the cheapest ones available
"Phone hota hai baat karne ke liye :D"

Dinesh Babuji said...

Dude..no need to translate...I was born and bought up in Madhya Pradesh..so, hindi is in my blood as is Engligh, Tamil and Malayalam.:)

Ravi said...

#kannan udayarajan
Thanks for the New year wishes. well its still January, 11 more months to go - so nothing belated about it. :)

#kapala
I expect you to update your blog sooner in this new year
Some wise man (Ravi) once said, "The more expectations you have, the more dissapointed you'll be" :)

Phone hota hai baat karne ke liye
Is jhatke ke baad to yeh baat kabhi nahi bhooloonga.

#dinesh
Wow! So all these languages create a "unity in diversity" sort of situation inside your blood.

#rinku
Hahaha....
aur sopil kia bhee to aap kya kr loge
Hmm.. ab yeh to sochna padega.